Monday, October 11, 2010

Winter is coming

One of my favourite things about summer going away is that I have an excuse to buy some new clothes for the cooler climate. Living in Ireland means that the climate is quite temperate but there is an awful lot of rain. This is why you need a good pair of boots.

Personally, I'm a fan of Doc Martens, they are my favourite shoes, they look great, they are ridiculously comfortable once broken in (this is quite painful though) and they are waterproof! There is nothing worse than having having your feet soaked at the beginning of a long day. Tan leather has been quite trendy this season so I have my eye on these:

They have a comfy faux-fur lining too for extra warmth :)



I'll have to do some sketches to go with them. The key to not ending up with many items you never wear is to think up of five outfits you can include them in before you buy them, and if you're missing a couple of pieces it's a good excuse for having to pick up extra stuff too :)

Other possible candidates are the Docs with heels. I own a pair of black shiny ones and they are the most comfortable heels I have ever worn. The heel is thick thus stable and the platform at the front reduces the impact of the sole of your foot. I've been looking at these brown ones too:


These look amazing, I love buckles!

Hopefully I'll have some cute sketches for you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment